Heralding the new X series range, the Nokia X6 is the latest edition to Nokia's touch-screen device portfolio.
Heralding the new X series range, the Nokia X6 is the latest edition to Nokia's touch-screen device portfolio. Bursting with features for people who love music, socializing and entertainment on the move, the slim design makes carrying and listening to your favourite tracks a breeze.
The Nokia X6 is a ‘Comes With Music' device, so it provides unlimited access to the Nokia Music Store. Its superb image quality comes from a 5 mega-pixel camera with Carl-Zeiss optics. With its built-in features to edit videos, show them on TV or online, sharing your memories has never been easier.
The large 3.2-inch display enables you to fit 20 shortcuts onto a personalized home screen - offering one-touch access to the web, your photos, videos and music library - and favourite social networks such as Facebook, Flickr, MySpace and more.
16:9 widescreen interface providing a slick, finger-sensitive touch operation, optimized to give a great viewing experience
• It's all about your music - the Nokia X6 has a superb quality music player and built-in FM radio. Listen over Bluetooth stereo audio with a compatible headset like the new Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-505 with its cool, sporty headband. Or plug your choice of headphones into the standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
• Nokia Music Store is all yours - As a Comes With Music device, the Nokia X6 gives direct access to millions of tracks online. Download for free and yours to keep forever. Stores thousands of tracks with 32GB out-of-the-box memory.
• 5 megapixel camera with Carl-Zeiss optics autofocus and dual LED flash for truly fantastic image quality.
• Customisable homescreen - add up to 20 shortcuts for one-touch access to Facebook, Nokia Music Store, Email, Contacts, Maps, Games - whatever you choose!
• Stroke-sensitive touch-screen interface - Nokia's smoothest, slickest interface ever - with a 16:9 widescreen made specially to give the best photo and video viewing experience.
• Social networking - supports easy access to Facebook, Ovi, Windows Live!, Yahoo IM, YouTube, MySpace and more.
• Brilliant web browsing - built-in Flash player and auto-landscape orientation means you really get the best out of online video and movies.
• 3 premium games on-board - Nokia X6 ships with Asphalt4 and DJ Mix Tour by Gameloft and Spore by EA.
• Nokia Maps - The Nokia X6 comes with A-GPS with compass and integrated Maps so you can find your way to friends and venues quickly and easily with turn-by-turn, voice-guided navigation. Geo-tag your photos with Ovi to remember and share those great moments.
• Other Ovi services include push-email and IM with Nokia Messaging, N-gage games, downloadable Java applications and widgets, Ovi Contacts and Ovi Files for keeping your personal stuff safe and sound.
• Easy email - simple steps to set-up your email and combine multiple accounts into one inbox. Supports popular email clients such as Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail and most other POP3/IMAP email - plus a lifetime license for Nokia Messaging, Nokia's mobile email and IM service.
• Video editing and sharing - includes video center and video editing plus support for online-share and TV-out. So, you can make your clips perfect, then upload them to your social network page or play to friends and family at home.
The Nokia X6 is a tri-band UMTS 3G device that will support either the 850, 1900, and 2100MHz bands, or the 900, 1900, and 2100MHz network bands - depending on the configuration.
All versions are quad-band GSM. The Nokia X6 is expected to ship in the fourth quarter for EUR 459 (US$652).
[Submitted by MaTiCa
]Click to discuss this news item in the forums