Hello guys I'm having some networking issues and any help would be appreciated.
Right now I have 7 devices connected to my network - 1 Desktop, 3 Laptops, a Tablet, a Blackberry & an Xbox 360. I'm only really concerned with 3 of the devices, the desktop and 2 laptops.
Below is a picture of my network topography:
So these three PC's are all connected to the same HomeGroup entitled "HOME".
The IP addresses for them are as follows:
Laptop 1: 192.168.1.125
Laptop 2: 192.168.1.100
The subnet masks are all 255.255.255.0 and the gateway & DNS server is controlled by the LinkSys (192.168.1.1).
The issue comes in here, Laptop 1 is the "master" of the HomeGroup (creator) and can see the other 2 devices no problems, it can ping them and access their shared files. The desktop and laptop 2 cannot access it, nor ping it on the network.
Here is a list of properties:
- All devices can access the internet.
- All devices can be pinged from the LinkSys and can ping the LinkSys.
- The LinkSys is forced into G-mode only.
- The Telkom DuoPlus WR plays no role in the network arrangement except to act as the modem.
- The desktop and 2 laptops run Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
- I have tried disabling the firewalls on all 3 at once to see if any problem could be identified. Nothing was found.
So what I really need is for my desktop and second laptop to see my first laptop as it has the printer on it that I would like to share across the network.